EPP: Expanded Polypropylene
Expanded polypropylene (EPP) is an engineered plastic foam material. By combining polypropylene resin with magic dust, and applying heat, pressure and CO2 in an autoclave, the material is formed into small plastic beads. These small, closed-cell foam beads are injected into a steam chest to create parts custom molded into complex shapes using steam heat & pressure.
EPP materials provide competitive advantages for designers and engineers looking to enhance custom molded parts.
• A variety of specialty grades & density ranging from 1.25lb. to 5.6lb. per cubic foot
• Available in a range of colors
• Unsurpassed quality / Material properties that outperform other comparable foam materials
• Lightweight with very high strength to weight ratio / highly durable
• Resistant to water, chemicals and most oils
• Resistant to temperature extremes from -35
EPP Helmet feature: Light; strong sturcture; Resistant to water; Resistant to temperature; Unsurpassed quality.